Monday, November 19, 2012

Mets Hot Stove is on Pre Heat

Greetings Mets fans!!


I hope that you enjoy reading our posts about our players and the team in general.

For  my first article I would like to talk about the Hot Stove not even remotely reaching a decent cooking or baking temperature.
 
First, please allow me to introduce myself, I am Wendy Adair, a lifelong Mets fan and writing about our beloved Metropolitans  is something that I enjoy very much. 


 My favorite player is David Wright, who both my husband and I immediately took to since he was a rookie, we nicknamed him "Bubble Boy" because he always had the bubble gum taking up half if not his whole face.

Below is a picture that my husband took of David Wright at Yankee Stadium in June of 2010, full head first dive mode around home plate, we thought for sure his goose was cooked!! Somehow he evaded the tag and  scored the only run that mattered in that game, the Mets went on to win 4-0.




To begin with, the aforementioned David Wright, along with RA Dickey, our 2012 All Star Game representatives, have not been extended, only their options have been picked up, all that means is that they are fully under team control.

Jason Bay's contract was terminated but he is still owed quite a bit of money but for now its addition by subtraction as far as bad contracts go, sad to say but Bay never lived up to his expectations.  As even shown above, he was a spectator to the stars on the team doing everything humanly possible to win games.

While I am not expecting any major Free Agent signings, I do expect that the Hot Stove should at least be ready for major holiday time cooking at the Winter Meetings.  It is understood that no one is, or should be safe from being traded, and that may be the only way to truly infuse this team with the talent to at least be in contention every September.

After Thanksgiving when all the leftovers have  been properly contained for later meals, the Mets will have some of their own dishes to bake for the 2013 season.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment